Wednesday 10 January 2007

Autobiographies / Biographies

Thanks to Cliffy PP for saving me the effort of doing this one myself!!:

There are lots of things / people / issues etc that boil my piss, however, the ever increasing mountain of autobiographies and biographies to be found in any book shop now, is nothing short of criminal!

Whilst in my local shopping precint just before Christmas, wasting 10 mins while stuffing a traditional Cornish pasty down my throat before going back to work, I decided to have a look in WH Smith at the books. Now, I am not a big book reader really, but do enjoy reading about people, real people that is, not fictional people.

Some of my past reads have been.... Dickie Bird (cricket umpire), John McEnroe, George Best, Ian Botham, Barry Sheene, Joey Dunlop (Legendary Motorcycle TT racer), Morcambe and Wise and Alex The Hurricane Higgins. I am sure most normal readers would agree that these people are have acheived a tad more than us mere mortals have in our life and are certainly worthy of a book and a bit of credit for what they have done. They all have something to say and for most of them, could have produced another book to follow on.

So imagine my horror when I visited the said shop to find books named things like "My Life" etc by.......wait for it, Shayne Ward!!!!!!!! Yes, that tosser from "X Factor" or what ever, who has literally just came to light, Rio "tw*t-faced, love myself, silly haircut, winging arsehole" Ferdinand!!!, Ant and Frigging Dec, and for God's sake, Scary Spice!!!!!! and the list goes on and on.

Quite unbelievable, who in Gods name would want to read about these jumped up over paid sh*ts?? How anyone could actually manage to write a book about these dorks without using extremely large print and putting in lots of pictures, frankly they deserve a medal........Still finished my pasty mind!!

Miserable tw*t Cliffy PP

No comments: